Sunday, February 10, 2013

In Search of...


a painterly effect. After seeing all the beautiful painterly photos created using iPhone apps, I have been searching for editing programs that work the same way on a PC. I haven't had much luck. I've been playing around with the 30 day free trial of Topaz Simplify 4 plug-in. I like the watercolor effect, but I am still wanting the grunge effect that is achieved with the many apps available for iPhone photos.
I would love to hear if you know of any tutorials, or editing devices you have used to mimic iPhone photo apps. Although I don't own an iPhone, I still go to iArt Chronicles to admire the iPhone artists and their beautiful work.
 

Here are a few of my simple painterly edits with Topaz Simplify 4...

Golden Hills of Mt. Diablo
 
Scraggley Coastal Oak on Mt. Diablo
 
Tree at the Entrance of China Camp on the S.F. Bay Shoreline
 
My favorite winter tree at Mt. View Cemetery
 
Coit Tower atop a San Francisco Hill
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment