Monday, August 6, 2012

Amazing Mango Salsa

I wasn't going to post a recipe today, but when I started cutting up this mango to make mango salsa, I couldn't resist taking a photo of the starburst cuts in it. Then after tasting the salsa, I just had to share the recipe.
Martha Stewart showed this technique for cutting mangos on one of her shows, and I have cut mine like that ever since. Here is a video to show you a few ways to cut a mango:



The secret to making a great mango salsa is having a fresh, sweet mango that is firm, yet ripe. 


Fresh Mango Salsa

1 large ripe Mango, diced
1/2 cup diced Pineapple or small can of crushed (drained)
6-7 stems of Cilantro chopped (leaves only)
2 green onions chopped
1/2 chopped Jalepeno Pepper (adds some seeds for a bit of a pop)
1/4 cup diced Sweet Peppers (Red or Orange, see photo above)
1 Garlic clove finely chopped or 1/2 teas. Garlic in the refrigerated tube
juice of 1/2 fresh Lime
2 Tbl. of Olive Oil
salt or pepper to taste (I don't use it though :)

After chopping and dicing all the ingredients, combine them in a bowl. Squeeze the lime over the chopped ingredients and then add the olive oil. Stir thoroughly to combine the flavors. If you can, allow the ingredients to mingle for 1/2 hour before eating. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips. Serves 4 as an appetizer with other food.


The beauty of this recipe is that you can use it simply as a guideline, and add more or less of an ingredient to suit your taste.

If you try this recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do : )

Time to get posting over at...


http://salttree.net/

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Very nice blog. I am following you now. Please drop by to Carole's Chatter and check it out. You might like my Food on Friday series which focuses on a different ingredient. This week it was Berries and Currants. If you like my blog it would be great if you followed me back. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - this looks delicious -i'm also a new follower and would you to come over and do the same :-) Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things are going well for you. I know you have probably been busy. Just a wee reminder that it would be great if you followed Carole's Chatter back. Cheers

    ReplyDelete