Monday, September 12, 2011

Texture Tuesday Theme: Do

I wasn't sure if I could come up with something for this Texture Tuesday challenge, but I was so determined to finally start Texture Tuesday that I decided to DO three things on my "to do" list, and show the results. Here they are:
1. Season and use the cast iron skillet I bought at a garage sale.
2. Try out an easy new pizza dough recipe I recently found on the internet.
3. Make a pizza using roasted pepper bruschetta instead of tomato sauce.


Here is the result of my efforts. Oh yeah, I used the Dream texture because I have been dreaming of eating a homemade pizza for a couple of weeks, and I finally made it : )

Part 2 of Texture Tuesday: For the added change to the Texture Tuesday Challenge, here are a couple of the pics I did over the weekend with the Autumn Burst texture. One is subdued, and the other is a bit on the abstract side...

7 comments:

  1. Your pizza looks delicious! I need to season my cast iron again, because it gets used so little. Both of your images in part two are lovely, but the second is my favorite. They looks great with the autumn burst texture. Can't wait to play with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second shot in part 2 is also my favorite. The autumn texture looks quite versatile and works so well on your images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it when the name of the texture relates to the photo or feel of the image - pizza looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice texture work! Pizza in a cast iron skillet- never thought to do that! My favorite image is your first one in part 2- I am a sucker for weeds, and you did a great job composing and processing it! BTW, I checked out your Mt. Diablo shots- I need to get up there again (I'm a Bay Area person as well)! You have some beautiful images!

    And congrats on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, Cathy, so beautiful with the Autumn Burst texture !
    Mm, that pizza looks delicious !
    Have a nice day,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. You came up with three great ideas this week. That pizza looks amazing - my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love both of these so much good work!

    ReplyDelete